The requirements and recommendations for your computer in order to effectively run D2L:
Help with D2L
The D2L Support Center is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
For technical assistance call the D2L 24/7 Help Desk at 1-877-325-7778,
Or if you are having trouble logging in, please contact the SU HelpDesk at 717-477-4357/ firstname.lastname@example.org
What is D2L
What is Desire2Learn?
The D2L system allows for greater access to course materials and provides the opportunity for communication outside the classroom in a virtual online environment.The document below provides an overall orientation to Desire2Learn.
This tutorial will help you to access everything that D2L has to offer.
Please note that your professor has complete control over the content placed in your D2L class site. Your professor will indicate how often you should check D2L and what content will be made available in D2L. Some information that you might find in the D2L course site may include:
- Discussion Questions
- Quizzes or Exams
- Instructor Information such as office hours and her/his phone number
- Course Content: PowerPoint files, class notes, short videos and/or external links
System Requirements and Recommendations
Students can send email through D2L by using the Classlist feature in D2L.
1. Go to http://d2l.ship.edu to access the D2L homepage.
2. Enter your SU username and password. If you forgot your password, click on the Forgot your password? link and follow the steps to reset your password. To change your password, go to Account Settings under the personal menu and click Change password. (Remember, changing your password changes the password for accessing all Ship resources.)
3. It is recommended that you run a system check, located near the bottom of the D2L homepage, before you log in for the first time.